SEARCH FIRM & Recruiters
Engaged Search For Sales, Emerging Leaders, and Executive Talent for Building Product Manufacturers and Distributors Across the US.
You might have many reasons to consider working with a recruiter. You could have tried on your own without much luck. Maybe you haven't hired in awhile and feel a bit rusty. Your pay and benefits could be less than ideal and you don't know how to sell through it.
Whatever is the catalyst, a recruiter can bring you better applicants, a smoother process & the right hire. You might even enjoy hiring. It’s possible! Really!
I've recruited in the residential building products space for 14+ years and my retention rate is over 95%. So, I feel I can share some insights to help you and your potential recruiting partner.
Let's talk about how you can set yourself up for success from the start.
- Remember successful relationships are a two-way street. To get the most from your recruiter, you have to give.
- Give honest information whether it is good, bad or straight-up ugly.
- If you have struggled, share exactly how and why. If you've made bad decisions in the past, explain how you got to that point.
- Be super clear about what you want before you get started. The best recruiter in the world can't find a winner if you aren't sure what you need.
What A Good Recruiter Brings To The Process
A good recruiter does everything possible to match your needs, find great candidates and keep the process moving smoothly. They will be able to shift gears when you need to speed up or slow down. When you evaluate recruiters, think about if they will:
- Work to understand your unique hiring needs
- Do everything with your key business priorities in mind
- See candidates through your eyes
- Respect your confidentiality — completely
- Represent your company and opportunity with professionalism
- Actively seek out & respond to your feedback during the entire process
- Deliver the best candidates to your doorstep – as swiftly as possible
- Provide hiring, marketing, positioning, and negotiation expertise
- Communicate – honestly and often
What A Good Client Brings To The Process
Good clients understand the recruiting process and are comfortable giving over some hiring responsibility. They understand what recruiters do + what they can and can't achieve.
When you look to work with a recruiter, make sure you can commit to:
– Being prepared: have at least a theory of your ideal hire. Ideally, craft a great job description before you hire a recruiter.
– Giving timely feedback: typically no more than 24 business hours after interviews & 48 hours for candidate submissions.
– Respecting exclusivity: don't pit multiple recruiters against each other.
– Genuinely investing in hiring: clear the budget requirements and be positive you must hire before you engage a recruiter.
– Open + honest communication: when your recruiter is off-point, say so. Don't be coy about why a candidate won't work.
– Clarity about your efforts: be upfront if you are looking internally or sourcing. It prevents duplicating candidate contacts or a recruiter working tirelessly when you are pretty sure you have a good internal option.
– Being a good partner: recruiters are there to help your HR and hiring teams, not compete against them.
– Sticking to a schedule: set aside specific dates for interviews. Commit to finishing the hiring process in a timely fashion. Time kills deals.
– Giving access: recruiters need to meet with everyone involved in hiring, at the start. They need regular access to the decision makers.
– Staying above-board: don't go behind your recruiter's back to make a deal with a candidate to save on fees. It's against your agreement and shady.
There you have it – what you should look for in a recruiting partner and how to get the best results from your relationship!
Want to make your recruitment process even easier? An engaged search guarantees you and your opportunity stay a priority for your recruiter – and who wouldn't want that?
The Leading Building Products SEARCH FIRM & Recruiters Engaged Search For Sales, Emerging Leaders, and Executive Talent for Building Product Manufacturers and Distributors Across the US. How to Write A Building Products Branch Manager Job Description Writing a...read more
The Leading Building Products SEARCH FIRM & Recruiters Engaged Search For Sales, Emerging Leaders, and Executive Talent for Building Product Manufacturers and Distributors Across the US. How to Stop Hiring People Who Disappoint You. Hiring the right person for the...read more
The Building Gurus Difference
You’re probably wondering how we can deliver candidates that your in-house or current recruiting partner hasn’t been able to. Hiring great talent is a key part of your business, but it’s the reason we’re in business. We invest in tools, technology, and resources to ensure we’ve always got the best “inventory” of talent at our fingertips. Building world-class best practices and an employer brand that gets and keeps the attention of A-players is key to our success. When you hire us, you immediately benefit from the years we’ve spent building our brand and relationships with sales, managers, and leaders in the building products industry.
Here are just a few strategies we use to ensure we can deliver best-in-class building products sales, manager, and executive level talent fast:
Rikka’s articles appear in trade magazines like LBM Journal, ProSales, Remodeling, and more.
NATIONAL NEWS + MEDIA
Rikka’s advice has been featured on Fast Company, NFIB, AmEx Open Forum, CBS Small Business Pulse, Huffington Post, and more.
ASSOCIATIONS + CONFERENCES
Rikka is selected to speak at local, regional, and national conferences like KBIS and ProDealer Summit.
We share helpful articles, videos, and audios about how to hire, how to get hired, and how to get better results to over 100,000 building product professionals every month.
VALUE FIRST APPROACH
We reach out to targeted building products leaders every single day to introduce our company and see how we can help their career. This value first approach means when we reach out about your opportunity they are much more likely to respond positively.
LONGEVITY + INTEGRITY
We’ve been building relationships with building products professionals since 2001. We believe being real and communicating frequently is the key to powerful partnership. Our clients agree, which is why we have an over 96% client retention rate.
Learn How Building Gurus Can Help Solve Your Hiring Challenges
Stop letting scarcity make you settle. Less than 1% of 1% of the professionals and executives on LinkedIn have the building products experience you need – learn how we go beyond posting and praying and LinkedIn to find and connect with best-in-class building products sales reps, managers, emerging leaders and executives.
Be confident and in control. Learn how our 4-stage Recruiting Blueprint search process can help you feel confident that we will find, engage, and qualify the talent you need. You'll feel in control and in the know with our frequent communication and updates. Best of all, you'll be interviewing qualified candidates in just weeks.
Not quite ready for a Discovery Session?
Call Us: +1 701-361-4239
Email Us: Info@BuildingGurus.com
+1 (701) 361-4239