SEARCH FIRM & Recruiters
Engaged Search For Sales, Emerging Leaders, and Executive Talent for Building Product Manufacturers and Distributors Across the US.
No matter your product base, if you sell building products, optimizing your company’s online ordering system can only help you win sales.
Sure, some customers only want to order face-to-face or over the phone. But, online ordering has become more prevalent in every facet of life and the building products industry isn’t different. Why should you work on your online ordering system?
It can be easier and more convenient for your customers. You'll cut down on errors and misunderstandings. Your customers will be able to look at past orders. You'll capture some extra sales without much continuing effort. Do I need to go on?
If you don’t have an online ordering system, put a little thought into it. Three direct benefits to consider – your customers order at their convenience, you help eliminate confusion or misunderstandings and it can be quicker and easier to communicate sales and bulk discounts.
Online ordering might never fully replace a personal conversation, but using an out of date or difficult online system is a sure way to lose sales.
Maximize Sales By Optimizing Your Online Ordering Software
So, how do you improve your system? Simply, make it work for the customers’ needs and make it as easy as possible to use.
- Think about product placement – just like an endcap in a store highlights featured products, the top of your list and your top search returns should feature your best sellers. Don’t make customers hunt for the SKU's they use over and over.
- Allow customers to set up a profile so they can order what they want and simply click a button to auto-fill their shipping, company and billing details. You will create goodwill by not making someone fill out their business details over and over.
- Make it visual – use pictures and featured text to boost interest. If a customer can see what they are ordering and find out the dimensions and specifications at the press of a button, you will make it much easier for them to say yes to the sale.
- For intricate or new products, consider adding video explanations or demos.
- Set up the ability for customers to view past orders and to create repeat orders to save time.
- Highlight sales and promotions on the main page and set up your system to auto-calculate these items.
- While a nice looking site is great, it is far more important you have a streamlined and working site. Keep efficiency and efficacy in mind more than graphics and making it pretty.
If you want to truly make sure you are capturing your maximum sales potential, optimize your online ordering software to make the process smooth for your customers.
The Building Gurus Difference
You’re probably wondering how we can deliver candidates that your in-house or current recruiting partner hasn’t been able to. Hiring great talent is a key part of your business, but it’s the reason we’re in business. We invest in tools, technology, and resources to ensure we’ve always got the best “inventory” of talent at our fingertips. Building world-class best practices and an employer brand that gets and keeps the attention of A-players is key to our success. When you hire us, you immediately benefit from the years we’ve spent building our brand and relationships with sales, managers, and leaders in the building products industry.
Here are just a few strategies we use to ensure we can deliver best-in-class building products sales, manager, and executive level talent fast:
Rikka’s articles appear in trade magazines like LBM Journal, ProSales, Remodeling, and more.
NATIONAL NEWS + MEDIA
Rikka’s advice has been featured on Fast Company, NFIB, AmEx Open Forum, CBS Small Business Pulse, Huffington Post, and more.
ASSOCIATIONS + CONFERENCES
Rikka is selected to speak at local, regional, and national conferences like KBIS and ProDealer Summit.
We share helpful articles, videos, and audios about how to hire, how to get hired, and how to get better results to over 100,000 building product professionals every month.
VALUE FIRST APPROACH
We reach out to targeted building products leaders every single day to introduce our company and see how we can help their career. This value first approach means when we reach out about your opportunity they are much more likely to respond positively.
LONGEVITY + INTEGRITY
We’ve been building relationships with building products professionals since 2001. We believe being real and communicating frequently is the key to powerful partnership. Our clients agree, which is why we have an over 96% client retention rate.
+1 (701) 361-4239