General Manager - Door Hardware (Client Company: Architectural & Resident Door & Cabinet Hardware Distributor)
Our innovative luxury door hardware distribution client with incredible growth potential sought an accomplished leader for their newly created General Manager role. The ideal candidate would have extensive leadership experience leading both Sales and Operations teams in a distribution environment. They would exhibit exceptional leadership and managerial capabilities, deftly translate and manage workflow effectively between Sales and Operations groups and build, nurture and develop the Sales and Customer service teams.
- Demonstrate high-level of success bringing new products to market
- Recruit, hire and develop robust Customer Service and Sales teams while assisting with Operations workflows
- Drive sales through team development, interpersonal relationships, and key national account management
- Cultivate a calm, level-headed, team-oriented culture and relate to all employees in the organization effectively
Skills & Qualifications
- 7-10+ years progressive management and leadership growth developing Sales, Operations, and Customer Service teams
- Extensive experience recruiting, hiring and developing sales leaders and exceeding sales goals, ideally doubling current sales levels within a few years
- Prior leadership of mid-size teams in mid to large-sized organizations and $15MM full P&L experience
Our placed candidate had extensively led Sales teams, Sales Leaders, and Managers and developed numerous relationships with key clients, manufacturers, and distributors. He had long-term experience with the specific products our customers manufactured and had introduced many new successful products to the market. He was able to help develop and grow a business unit from zero to $18MM with a background in both Sales and Operations leadership and many qualifications in strategic development. Throughout his career, he had coached double-digit direct reports into leadership roles through a consultative, relationship-based leadership approach.
IS IT TIME TO WORK WITH A RECRUITER?
Anyone who’s ever had to take on the tough job of hiring new talent in the building products industry has no doubt DREAMED of handing it off to a recruiter. This quick 10-question quiz will help you understand how to make the most of your hiring process — and grant you access to tons of free trainings, tools, and more! It only takes 5 minutes and delivers a ton of tips along the way! Win/win!